6-channel Analog Mixer with 2 Microphone Preamps, 4 Dedicated Stereo Line Channels, EQ, and Digital Effects.This is where it all starts. Everything you do as a sound engineer is dependent on the quality of your preamps, which determines the direction your mix will take, and ultimately how good it is going to sound. MG Series mixing consoles feature Yamaha’s studio-grade discrete class-A D-PRE preamps, which utilize an inverted Darlington circuit comprising two cascading transistors in a configuration that provides more power with lower impedance.
- 6-Channel stand-alone mixer with onboard SPX digital effects (no USB)
- Featuring studio-grade discrete class-A D-PRE preamps with inverted Darlington circuit – providing fat, natural-sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs
- 3-band EQ and high-pass filters give you maximum control and eliminate unwanted noise, resulting in a cleaner mix
- 1-Knob compressors allow easy control – resulting in livelier guitars, punchier bass lines, a tighter snare and a cleaner vocal sound
- MG Series mixers feature a rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis. LED level metering
EQ and High-pass Filters: There’s nothing more useful than reliable equalization when you need nuanced management of your tone. The MG Series benefits from Yamaha’s unparalleled experience in designing pro audio gear, featuring 3-band equalizers on all mono channels for precise control of your sound. High-pass filter allows you to eliminate unwanted low-frequency noise, for a smoother, cleaner mix.
1-Knob Compressors: Compression plays an essential role in just about any recording or sound reinforcement environment by altering the level of dynamics of an audio signal when you need livelier guitars, punchier bass lines, a tighter snare, or a cleaner vocal sound. However, it can take countless hours to master the complexities of even the most basic outboard compression units and use them effectively.
Built-in SPX Digital Effects (MG06X): For musical and non-musical applications, effects processing adds polish and professionalism to the mix. The MG06X features Yamaha’s SPX digital multi-effect processor, offering a comprehensive suite of editable digital effects perfect for enhancing your mix, whether adding depth to a speaking engagement or breathing new color and atmosphere into a live performance.
High-Quality Sound Op-amp: The head amp determines sound quality, and op-amp integrated circuits are one of the most important parts in the head amp circuit. MG Series mixers feature new, high-quality, custom-made MG01 op-amps that we developed in cooperation with the semiconductor manufacturer. We worked directly with the semiconductor manufacturer to focus on sound quality first.