Social/academic/sports/religious and other congregations have already been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons, outside containment zones. Now States/UTs have given the flexibility to permit such gatherings beyond the ceiling of 100 persons from Oct 15, 2020.
The new guidelines are based on feedback received from states and UTs, and extensive consultations held with related central ministries and departments.
Salient features of new guidelines
- Cinemas/theatres permitted to open with 50% capacity .
- B2B exhibitions will be allowed to open, SOP to be released by Dept of Commerce.
- Swimming pools for training of sportspersons to open.
- Entertainment parks and similar places to open from Oct 15 for which SOP will be issued.
Reopening of schools/coaching classes
- For reopening of schools/ coaching institutions, states to take a call after 15th Oct in a graded manner.
- Online teaching shall continue.
- Where schools can conduct online classes successfully, they will be allowed to continue the same.
- Students may attend schools only with the written consent of parents.
- Attendance must not be forced.
- Schools which are allowed to open will have to follow the SOPs.
Higher education institutions like PHD and those requiring labs to open from 15th Oct as under: For centrally funded higher education institutions, the Head of institution will only begin physical labs if there is a genuine need. For all other state and private universities etc, they may open only for research scholars in science and technology stream requiring lab/experiments..
Regulation of gatherings
In closed spaces a maximum of 50% of hall capacity will be allowed with a ceiling of 200 persons. Wearing of face masks, maintaining social distance, provision of thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitiser. To ensure that such gatherings do not spread Covid-19, States/UTs will issue detailed SOPs to regulate such gatherings
All activities except the following are permitted outside containment zones
- International air travel except as permitted by MHA
- Lockdown shall continue in containment zones till Oct 31, 2020
- Containment zones shall be demarcarted by district authorities at micro level
- Strict measures to be imposed in containment zones and only essential activities are allowed.
- These containment zones to be notified on the websites of respective District Collectors.
- The use of Aarogya Setu mobile app will continue to be encouraged
There is no restriction on interstate and intrastate movement of goods and people outside containment zones. States and UTs shall not impose any local lockdown outside the containment zone.