When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Hulu subscribers can gain access to its entire catalog of TV shows, movies, and original series for just $5.99 a month (ad-supported) or $11.99 a month (ad-free).
- Many currently airing TV shows on Hulu are available to stream the day after they air on cable, unlike Netflix where it can take months.
- Standout hits, like “This Is Us,” “Killing Eve,” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” are all available for streaming.
- Throwbacks shows, like “Lost”, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” and “The Golden Girls,” also make our list.
- See also: The 15 best movies on Hulu that you can stream right now
Since Hulu’s inception in 2007, it has excelled at bringing on-demand TV series, both old and new, to its viewers. With other streaming services, like Netflix, you’ll often have to wait several months or longer after a season has ended for it to be available to stream. With Hulu, many of the current TV shows it offers are available to stream episode by episode, within 24 hours of airing on cable. Hulu offers a staggering catalog of complete series as well as currently airing shows from most major broadcast networks, not to mention its vast catalog of original series and movies.
I’ve found Hulu to be the best way to keep up with the shows I want to watch. I’m often not home in the evenings, so I miss things as they air live, and I’m always in need of a way to catch up. So I usually watch my favorites like “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Bob’s Burgers,” and “Saturday Night Live” the next day or whenever I have some free time. Plus, if I were to watch them live, I’d have to sit through commercials, and since I pay for the ad-free service — which I’ve found to be worth the couple extra bucks a month — I get to watch the same show ad-free.
If you’re not yet a Hulu subscriber, it couldn’t be easier to start streaming. Most smart TVs already come with the Hulu app installed, so it’s as simple as signing up for an account, logging in, and picking a favorite show to start watching.
If you’re in need of a suggestion, we’ve compiled some of the best series on Hulu right now. All of our picks are categorized as fresh by critics on the review-aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes. The titles included below are all current or classic network and cable shows. You can find our list of the best Hulu Original series here.
Updated on 7/13/2020 by Steven Cohen: Revised language throughout for timeliness. Added “What We Do in the Shadows.”