A new Mortal Kombat movie is nearly here and, unlike so many video game adaptations we’ve sat through, this one looks legitimately good. Like, really, really good. And just like every Warner Bros. movie in 2021, it’s hitting HBO Max on the same day it lands in theaters. After a slight delay, Mortal Kombat is set to release on screens big and small on April 23.
The easiest way to watch Mortal Kombat is to subscribe to HBO Max. And just like all of the Warner Bros. movies that are landing in theaters and on HBO Max upon release, the movie will remain on the streaming service for 31 days.
Watch Mortal Kombat on HBO Max
[poilib element=”commerceDeal” parameters=”slug=hbo-max”]
HBO Max costs $14.99 per month. If you’re only subscribing to watch Mortal Kombat, you can turn off auto-renew right after signing up, and you won’t be charged again. If you do that, you can still check out Zack Snyder’s Justice League, as well as all four movies in the MonsterVerse series. That includes the brand-new installment, Godzilla vs. Kong. Don’t delay, though, because Godzilla vs. Kong leaves HBO Max on April 30.
Also, before turning off auto-renew, you should check out the full list of Warner Bros. movies coming to HBO Max this year to see if you want to keep it going. You can find the list below.
But seriously, Mortal Kombat looks pretty amazing. If the trailer is any indication, it seems to lean heavily into what makes Mortal Kombat work as a video game, which is to say completely over-the-top violence and gore. The movies director, Simon McQuoid, said they tried to push the limits of an R rating.
Supported 4K Devices for HBO Max
Mortal Kombat, along with all of the rest of the 2021 Warner Bros. movies, will stream in 4K with HDR on the following devices. HBO says it is working to add more devices to the list.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube
- Android TVs, including: AT&T Streaming Box
- Apple TV 4K
- Google Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast with Google TV
- Roku Ultra 4800x, Roku 4k TVs, Roku Premiere, and Roku Streaming Stick+
- Xfinity X1 (Xi6) and Flex
If you’re subscribing to HBO Max for Mortal Kombat, you’ll also want to check out everything coming to HBO Max in April.
Warner Bros. 2021 Movies Coming to HBO Max
- The Little Things – January 29, 2021
- Judas and the Black Messiah – February 12
- Tom & Jerry – February 26, 2021
- Godzilla vs. Kong – March 31, 2021
- Mortal Kombat – April 23, 2021
- Those Who Wish Me Dead – May 14, 2021
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It – June 4, 2021
- In The Heights – June 11, 2021
- Space Jam: A New Legacy – July 16, 2021
- The Suicide Squad – August 6, 2021
- Reminiscence – September 3, 2021
- Malignant – September 10, 2021
- The Many Saints of Newark – September 24, 2021
- Dune – October 1, 2021
- King Richard – November 19, 2021
- Matrix 4 – December 22, 2021
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=mortal-kombat-2021-movie-images&captions=true”]
Chris Reed is a commerce editor and deals expert at IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @_chrislreed.
[widget path=”ign/modules/recirc” parameters=”title=&type=articles%2Cvideos&tags=us-shopping&count=3&columnCount=3&theme=article”]