!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Amit Shah extends Diwali greetings
दीपावली का यह पवित्र पर्व सभी देशवासियों के जीवन में सुख और समृद्धि लाए, सभी के उत्तम स्वास्थ्य की कामना करता हूँ।… https://t.co/NWuqA9Qc0q
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) 1605317185000
Delhi air quality dips further
Delhi: Air Quality Index (AQI) stands at 424 (severe) in Anand Vihar, at 328 (very poor) in IGI Airport area, 400 (… https://t.co/wI3JvkF87b
— ANI (@ANI) 1605316474000
Modi pays tribute to India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehuru
देश के प्रथम प्रधानमंत्री पं. जवाहर लाल नेहरू को उनकी जयंती पर मेरी विनम्र श्रद्धांजलि।
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1605315587000
PM Modi wishes everyone a happy Diwali!
सभी देशवासियों को दीपावली की हार्दिक मंगलकामनाएं। Wishing everyone a Happy Diwali! May this festival further brigh… https://t.co/4s9gq7zKWU
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1605315502000
Odisha to set up four commercial courts in the state
- The decision has come on the recommendation of the Orissa High Court to establish the Court of Civil Judge (Senior Division) at four places.
- The Law department has issued an official notification with regard to setting up of courts.
- As per the notification, these Courts are going to be established at Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Berhampur, and Sambalpur.
10 die in road accident in Madhya Pradesh’s Shivpuri
20 million Americans could get vaccinated in Dec 2020: Operation Warp Speed chief
- OWS is the Trump administration’s national program to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics.
- More than 10.6 million are infected by the virus in the US which has already claimed over 244,000 lives
- More than 100,000 daily cases have been reported in the last 10 days alone.
Plea in SC seeks to fix maximum rate for RT-PCR test
- Petitioner lawyer Ajay Agrawal claimed that the Apex Court should pass appropriate directions and orders to the Central government and all states to fix the RT-PCR test at Rs 400 uniformly across the country.
- Currently, RT-PCR tests cost between Rs 900 to Rs 2800.
Covid vaccine will be available to Americans by April: Donald Trump
- “The vaccine will be distributed to frontline workers, the elderly and high-risk Americans… in a matter of weeks” Trump said providing an update on Operation Warp Speed speaking from Rose Garden at the White House.
- “Our investment will make it possible for the vaccine to be provided by Pfizer free of charge,” he said.
US extends deadline for sale of TikTok to November 27
- The US government has extended the deadline for the sale of the video-sharing app TikTok, owned by the Chinese company ByteDance, for another 15 days.
- TikTok faced a deadline on Thursday to comply with the United States’ order to sell its US operations or be shut down, although the demand did not go into effect on time.
- The Donald Trump-led administration announced that the enforcement of the TikTok ban would be delayed, citing a decision by a federal court in Pennsylvania in October to block the Commerce Department order.
- In August, the Trump administration threatened to ban the app in the United States, citing wider concerns about alleged Chinese government spying on data of Americans using China-originated social media.
- The ban on TikTok was originally to take effect on September 20, but was later deferred to November 12 after the administration offered the company a way out by selling itself to a US entity.