Update: November 5, 2020 (5:20 AM ET): OnePlus is apparently rolling out a new Oxygen OS update for the OnePlus 8T.
The latest Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 build includes optimizations to power consumption, improvements to camera quality and stability, and a bunch of bug fixes. You can read the entire changelog of the update below.
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer a better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience (sic)
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
OnePlus hasn’t officially detailed the update but some users have started receiving it and have posted about it on the company’s forums. You can expect an official announcement soon and head to your OnePlus phone’s settings to check for the new OTA update.
What else would you like to see from the OnePlus 8T updates in the future? Let us know in the comments!
Original article: October 30, 2020 (8:35 AM ET): Welcome to the OnePlus 8T updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the device, including past and future software versions.
Like its siblings, the OnePlus 8T runs on Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ homebaked Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
OnePlus 8T Better than the OnePlus 8, but still not as good as the OnePlus 8 Pro
The latest flagship from OnePlus features some relatively subtle upgrades over the OnePlus 8. However, it does feature a huge new feature: Warp Charge 65, which will allow the 8T to charge faster than any other OnePlus phone.
OnePlus 8T updates
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 8T get Android 12? October 2021 (estimated)
The OnePlus 8T launched on October 14, 2020, with Android 11 out-of-the-box. Like the OnePlus 8 series, we expect at least two major Android updates in the future — Android 12 in 2021, and Android 13 following in 2022.
OnePlus pushed the OnePlus 8T’s first update on October 19. Version 184.108.40.206 improved the phone’s power consumption and network connectivity. It also brought camera tweaks to the Nightscape video mode and further white balance adjustments. For customizers, the Canvas style was added to AOD options. There was also a controversial addition. The Amazon Shopping app was bundled with the update in India prompting an outcry from users. Thankfully, the app can be uninstalled relatively easily.
On October 30, 2020, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 for the OnePlus 8T. It brought improvements to the phone’s power consumption. It also addressed Bluetooth latency, fixed a Gallery issue, and tackled a desktop icon problem.
Let us know which OnePlus 8T update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update tracker at the link.