!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Andy Murray receives Australian Open wild-card entry
- Five-time Australian Open finalist Andy Murray has been given a wild-card entry into the first Grand Slam tournament of next year.
- Former top-ranked Murray has slipped to No. 122 in the ATP rankings after several years of battling hip injuries and surgery.
Three persons have been arrested in loan apps case
- Involvement of two Chinese nationals has been found
- They will be arrested soon: Central Crime Branch (CCB), Bengaluru
- The matter pertains to the apps providing loans at exorbitant rates & later using threat/force for recovery
US embassy says HK fugitives ‘fleeing tyranny’, urges release ahead of China trial
Himachal Pradesh: All roads in upper Shimla are blocked due to snowfall and roads in Shimla city are slippery
PM to flag off India’s first-ever driverless train on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line today
Chinese citizen journalist faces trial for Wuhan virus reporting
- A Chinese citizen journalist held since May for her livestream reporting from Wuhan as the Covid-19 outbreak unfurled was set for trial Monday, almost a year after details of an “unknown viral pneumonia” surfaced in the central China city.
- Zhang Zhan, a former lawyer, could face up to five years in jail if convicted of “picking quarrels and provoking trouble” for her reporting in the chaotic initial stages of the outbreak.
Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane proceeds on a three-day visit to the Republic of Korea (ROK) from 28 to 30 December 2020
During the visit, he will be meeting senior military and civilian leadership of the Republic of Korea: Indian Army
Trump signs pandemic aid and spending bill, averting government shutdown
U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday signed into law a $2.3 trillion pandemic aid and spending package, officials said, restoring unemployment benefits to millions of Americans and averting a partial federal government shutdown.
Saudi Arabia extends suspension of international flights by another week
Saudi Arabia has extended the suspension of all international commercial flights and entry into the Kingdom through land and seaports for another week in view of the new coronavirus strain which was discovered in the United Kingdom, the state media said.
Federer pulls out of Australian Open: Spokesman
PM Modi to flag off 100th Kisan Rail today
Scores protest in Kathmandu against Chinese interference in Nepalese affairs
- Scores of people protested in Kathmandu on Sunday against Chinese interference in domestic affairs of Nepal shouting anti-China slogans and holding placards reading, “Back off China.”
- This comes as China’s four-member team led by Guo Yezhou, vice-minister of the International Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC) arrived here on Sunday on a four-day visit in what is believed to be its effort to “assess the ground situation” amid the split in the ruling the Nepal Communist Party (NCP).
DDC polls were farewell party for Muftis, Abdullahs: J-K BJP in-charge
The recent District Development Council (DDC) elections were the farewell party for the Muftis and sons and the Abdullahs and sons, said Jammu and Kashmir BJP in-charge Tarun Chugh on Sunday.
Police name Nashville bomber, say DNA taken from scene matches suspect’s
Investigators have confirmed that the remains found at the site of the Nashville, Tennessee downtown bombing that occurred on Christmas are those of the 63-year-old suspect, KTVZ TV reports.
Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury requests Smriti Irani to reopen Arati Cotton Mill in Howrah
West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury on Sunday wrote to Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani requesting her to reopen the Arati Cotton Mill located in Howrah district, which he says has suffered due to the pandemic.
Madhya Pradesh: Indore district administration sealed two bars in the city yesterday
“Names of these bars have come forward in probe on drug cases. License of these bars have been suspended for 7 days,” said an official.