This page explains how to get the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Pins that were announced in the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Nintendo Direct. Available in the US/Canada only.
- Purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars (physically or digitally) to complete the purchase mission.
- Complete 4 additional eligible Mario-themed missions at mario.nintendo.com/missions.
- Wait. Your purchase of Super Mario 3D All-Stars will not mark that mission complete until the game’s launch day, September 18, 2020. It may also take up to 48 hours for the mission to be processed after purchasing or claiming your Gold Points (required if purchased physically; see below on how to do it).
How to Redeem Your Nintendo Gold Points for Super Mario 3D All-Stars
If you buy the game physically you’ll need to manually redeem your Gold Points. Here’s how to do it.
- Insert the game cartridge into your Nintendo Switch.
- Hover over the game icon and press the plus (+) button.
- Select the My Nintendo Rewards Program.
- Select Earn Points (Game Card version only). Below is an example of how to do this with any game.
These pins are available while supplies last so be sure to buy the game and complete the missions ASAP to give yourself the best chance. The pins will be released in two waves.
Purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Here are your purchase options for Super Mario 3D All-Stars. Note: More retailers may sell this product but at the time of writing Best Buy was the only retailer.
Complete 4 additional eligible Mario-themed missions
Go to mario.nintendo.com/missions and click see all to complete these missions. Make sure you are logged in with the same Nintendo ID you use on your Nintendo Switch.
There are 5 missions to choose from, other than the mandatory one of purchasing Super Mario 3D All-Stars. The easiest ones to complete are the web based ones. Below are details on how to complete them.
Visit the official Super Mario Website
Simply going to the website is enough!
Take the Super Mario quiz
Take the quiz! There’s an easy and hard quiz, your score does not matter and you can replay the quizzes at any time.
Download your “This is my Mario!”
- On mario.nintendo.com and select the Mario History tab or scroll down on the home page and click “See the timeline.”
- Scroll down again and select your favorite Mario game.
- Then download an image of that Mario by selecting the “This is MY Mario!” button.
Try the Super Mario Music Player
This requires you to use the music player on supermario3dallstars.com. At the time of writing, the site is not live yet.
Race in the Super Mario Kart Tour Event
This is by far the hardest mission so we suggest skipping this one unless you were already planning on playing.
To complete this participate in the Super Mario Kart Tour event in the Mario Kart Tour mobile game on your smart phone or tablet. The event runs between 9/8 and 9/22 with special appearances by Mario (SNES) and Donkey Kong Jr. (SNES) from the original Super Mario Kart game. Check the game for more details.
Wait until September 18
Once you’ve bought Super Mario 3D All-Stars and completed 4 other Mario themed missions, just wait until the game’s release.
Your purchase of Super Mario 3D All-Stars will not mark that mission complete until the game’s launch day, September 18, 2020. It may also take up to 48 hours for the mission to be processed after purchasing or claiming your Gold Points (required if purchased physically).