!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Asia shares given pause by Tokyo lockdown talk
Asian share markets hit pause on Monday as reports of a possible tightening in coronavirus emergency rules for Tokyo pulled Japanese stocks off 30-year highs, while also lifting the safe-haven yen.
MP: National Mineral Development Corp to stop mining activity at diamond mine in Panna Tiger Reserve after permission period expiry
Clearance was till Dec 31. Procedure to get wildlife clearance to be initiated by NMDC& sanction to be granted by GoI: Panna Tiger Reserve Official
Oil prices slip after OPEC warns of downside risks to demand in first-half 2021
Oil prices edged lower on Monday, the first day of 2021 trading, ahead of a meeting of OPEC and allied producers to discuss output levels for February with fears for first-half demand seeping into the market as the coronavirus pandemic lingers.
Many issues are to be discussed. Govt must understand, the farmer has taken this movement to his heart & won’t consider less than the laws’ repeal. Govt should implement Swaminathan’s report & make law on MSP
– Rakesh Tikait, Spokesperson, BKU, on today’s meeting with Central govt
Bitcoin rallies above $30,000 for first time after advancing over 300% in 2020
Dollar slips in to 2021 as investors ride downtrend
The dollar started the new year more or less where it left off – under pressure from investors who reckon low U.S. interest rates and an eventual worldwide recovery from the coronavirus pandemic will make it a laggard against other major currencies.
Government to hold seventh round of talks with farmers today
The central government will hold the next round of talks with the leaders of farmer unions who have been holding protests at different borders of Delhi for more than a month against the three agricultural laws.
Karnataka: The maiden DEMU train service to the Kempegowda International Airport Halt station starts today
Maharashtra: Mumbai experiences a light shower of rainfall
Pelosi re-elected as US House Speaker
- The US House of Representatives on Sunday (local time) officially reelected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to another term with 216 members voting for her.
- CNN reported that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy received 209 votes. Senator Tammy Duckworth received one vote, and Representative Hakeem Jeffries received one vote.
PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at National Metrology Conclave today
Messi makes 500th appearance for Barcelona in La Liga
- Argentine striker Lionel Messi on Sunday (local time) made his 500th appearance for Barcelona in La Liga.
- This was Messi’s 750th appearance for the club across all competitions. The striker achieved the feat in Barcelona’s La Liga clash against Huesca, Goal.com reported.