!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Bharat Bandh: Left political parties, trade unions and farmer unions stop trains at Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
Bharat Bandh: Exams postponed
All examinations scheduled on 8th Dec under Osmania University jurisdiction have been postponed due to Bharat Bandh. The revised schedule will be given in due course of time. Examinations scheduled from 9th Dec will be held as per schedule: Controller of Exams, Osmania University
Maharashtra: Swabhimani Shetkari Saghtana staged ‘Bharat Bandh Rail Roko’ protest
- They briefly stopped a train today in Malkapur of Buldhana dist. They were later removed from the tracks by Police & detained.
- Farmer Unions have called Bharat Bandh today, over Centre’s Farm Laws.
Agitating farmers call for ‘Bharat Bandh’ today
- Farmers protesting against the Centre’s agricultural sector laws have called a “Bharat Bandh” today after several rounds of talks with the government over the new farm laws remained inconclusive.
- “The bandh will be observed throughout Tuesday, but the ‘chakka jam’ (road blockade) will be on only till 3 pm,” said Darshan Pal, Punjab unit president of the Krantikari Kisan Union said on Monday.
Earthquake of magnitude 3.3 in the Richter scale hit Sonipat Haryana at 12:27 am today: National Centre for Seismology
Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi will not celebrate her birthday on December 9, in view of the ongoing farmer’s agitation against agriculture bills & COVID-19 situation across the country.
Schools reopen for classes 10 and 12 in Tripura
- Schools reopened for 10th and 12th standard students in Tripura on Monday, months after they were closed in wake of Covid-19 pandemic.
- Education Minister Ratan Lal Nath visited schools and colleges in the capital, Agartala to inspect the preparedness and response of the students.
- On the first day, around 50 per cent of the students turned up for classes.
US designates Pak, China as countries of particular concern for violation of religious freedom
- Pakistan and China along with Myanmar, Eritrea, Iran, Nigeria, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan were placed in the list for engaging in or tolerating “systematic, ongoing, egregious violations of religious freedom”, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement on Monday.
PM Modi to address India Mobile Congress 2020 virtually today
Kerala Local Body polls: 395 local bodies in 5 districts to vote in 1st phase today
- The first phase of Kerala local body polls will begin Tuesday.
- The elections are being held in 6,910 wards in 395 local bodies in Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha and Idukki districts.
- Voting is set to begin at 7 am and conclude at 6 pm.
Breakdancing set for Olympic debut in Paris 2024
- Elite breakdancing, also known as breaking, is set to make its Olympic debut at the Paris 2024 Games, officials announced on Monday.
- It will be the first DanceSport event to appear at the Olympic Game, having been staged at the Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires two years ago, reported CNN. The street sport typically involves running, jumping and climbing over obstacles.
- The International Olympics Committee (IOC) executive board also announced that skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing will also feature in the Paris edition, after their debuts at the postponed Tokyo Games in 2021.