!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
First consignment of Covishield by Serum Institute of India arrived in Mumbai
Maharashtra: The first consignment of #Covishield by Serum Institute of India arrived in Mumbai, earlier this morni… https://t.co/c0xRXvBE7u
— ANI (@ANI) 1610503621000
Jharkhand reported 127 new COVID-19 cases and 153 recoveries on Tuesday, as per State Health Department
- Total cases: 1,17,088
- Total recoveries: 1,14,684
- Active cases: 1,356
- Death toll: 1,048
A couple in Surat makes a kite-shaped art using 5-kg wheat with a message on COVID
Gujarat: Ahead of Uttarayan, a couple in Surat makes a kite-shaped art using 5-kg wheat with a message to observe C… https://t.co/BOYfSXzP5h
— ANI (@ANI) 1610492630000
First consignment of Covaxin by Bharat Biotech, being brought from Hyderabad to Delhi
Telangana: The first consignment of #Covaxin by Bharat Biotech, being brought from Hyderabad to Delhi on an Air Ind… https://t.co/nfIXvcufQS
— ANI (@ANI) 1610502975000
Delhi Police steps up security ahead of nationwide COVID vaccine roll-out
- The Delhi Police has made adequate security arrangements in the city for the smooth transportation of COVID-19 vaccines when the countrywide vaccination roll-out will begin later this week, officials said on Tuesday.
- The first batch of Covishield vaccine containing 2.64 lakh doses reached Delhi’s central storage facility at Rajiv Gandhi Super Specialty Hospital (RGSSH) on Tuesday amid high security.
US shifts to speed COVID shots as cases and deaths rise
Facing a slower-than-hoped coronavirus vaccine rollout, the Trump administration abruptly shifted gears to speed the delivery of shots to more people. The move came as cases and deaths surged to alarming new highs.
Senior intelligence official raises concern over China, Russia targeting COVID-19 vaccine supply chain
As countries are either in the process of administrating Covid-19 vaccines or are gearing up to do so, the director of the National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC), has raised concerns over the efforts by China and Russia to target the vaccine supply chain.
New Brazil data shows disappointing 50.4% efficacy for China’s CoronaVac vaccine
- A coronavirus vaccine developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech was just 50.4% effective at preventing symptomatic infections in a Brazilian trial, researchers said on Tuesday, barely enough for regulatory approval and well below the rate announced last week.
- The latest results are a major disappointment for Brazil, as the Chinese vaccine is one of two that the federal government has lined up to begin immunization during the second wave of the world’s second-deadliest COVID-19 outbreak.
Nagpur reports 339 COVID-19 cases, 360 recoveries; 8 more die
Iran reports 6,408 new COVID-19 cases
Japan reports 4,539 new COVID-19 cases
Switzerland authorizes Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine for immediate use
Switzerland’s health regulator Swissmedic on Tuesday authorized the “immediate” use of US company Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine in the country. Switzerland, a country of 8.5 million people, has already pre-ordered 7.5 million doses of the vaccine.