!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Uttarakhand BJP office to remain closed till September 2
- The BJP office of Uttarakhand will now remain closed till September 2, as the party has decided to extend the closure by three more days in view of the coronavirus situation.
- The BJP state office had been closed as a preventive measure and for sanitization in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
3,308 COVID-19 patients recover in Bengal; discharge rate nears 82%
- The discharge rate of COVID-19 patients in West Bengal rose to 81.9 per cent after 3,308 patients recovered from the disease on Sunday, the health department said.
- A total of 1,30,952 people have so far been cured of COVID-19 in the state.
- West Bengal reported 3,019 fresh coronavirus cases on Sunday, pushing the tally to 1,59,785, while the death toll mounted to 3,176 with 50 more fatalities, the department said in a bulletin.
Assam reports 7 more COVID deaths, 1,980 new positive cases
- Seven more COVID-19 patients died in Assam on Sunday taking the total fatalities to 296, while 1,980 new positive cases pushed the states tally to 1,05,774, Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
- Two deaths each were reported from Kamrup Metropolitan, Golaghat and Chirang districts, while one person died in Cachar.
- The death rate in the state is currently .28 per cent which is among the lowest in the country, the minister said.
Odisha’s COVID-19 tally crosses one-lakh mark
- The COVID-19 tally in Odisha mounted to 1,00,934 on Sunday with 3,014 more people testing positive for the disease, while 12 fresh fatalities pushed the state’s death toll to 482, a health department official said.
- The new cases were reported from 29 of Odisha’s 30 districts, he said.
Four more MLAs test positive for COVID-19 in Assam
- A day before the Autumn Session of Assam Assembly, four more MLAs tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, taking the total number of legislators contracting the virus in the state to 24, a senior official said.
- The reports of Naren Sonowal (AGP), Rituparna Baruah (BJP), Anwar Hussain Laskar (AIUDF) and Najrul Hoque (AIUDF) came out positive at a testing camp in the assembly, he said.
Part of Hyderabad mosque turned into community health care centre
- The Masjid E Mustafa mosque in Hyderabad has turned a part of its premises into a community health care centre to help women and children in the neighbourhood, amid the corona pandemic.
- Talking to ANI, Mohammed Fareedullah, the manager of Helping Hand Foundation, the NGO that is running the community health care centre said that during the lockdown his foundation received a request from the area seeking medical assistance.
Pune district COVID-19 tally crosses 1.68 lakh; 73 die
- Pune district in Maharashtra reported 3,856 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total infection count to 1,68,381, a health official said on Sunday.
- With 73 deaths, the toll rose to 4,061 in the district.
- A total of 1,502 patients were discharged in the day, he added.
Student requests CJI Bobde to postpone JEE, NEET exams
- A 17-year-old JEE aspirant has submitted a letter today to the Chief Justice of India (CJI), Sharad Arvind Bobde, praying to postpone the JEE and NEET exams in view of the COVID 19 pandemic and flood crisis in parts of the country.
- As he is a minor, Supreme Court lawyer Alakh Alok Srivastava provided him with the required assistance, after the 17-year-old JEE aspirant requested him to submit his letter to the CJI.
IMA urges PM Modi for inclusive National solatium for doctors
- The Indian Medical Association on Sunday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him for an inclusive National solatium for doctors and their families in the wake of rising deaths of the healthcare workers in the line of COVID-19 duty.
- “The solatium approved by the national government for their colleagues in government services in all fairness is deserved by the children of these martyrs as well,” the association’s letter read.