With access to training courses, mentoring and networking events, the categories to participate are: entrepreneurship in times of pandemic, health, Smart Cities, energy and others of a technological nature.
Grow Your Business,
Not Your Inbox
Stay informed and join our daily newsletter now!
3 min read
2020 changed the lives of millions of people. According to INEGI data, in Mexico 46% of the population saw a decrease in their income. However, the entrepreneurial spirit is still alive and new projects and ventures were even created.
Entrepreneurs are essential for economic reactivation – 95% of businesses in Mexico are Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) – for which the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom and the Alliance for Central America present the Road To Innovate Mexico contest. It is a program of activities carried out in the main cities of Mexico and Central America to convene and prepare emerging entrepreneurs who have an innovative business idea, already established and in the process of consolidation.
The finalist entrepreneurs selected during the call will be able to access the platform and community of the Innovate Entrepreneurship Program , where they will prepare to compete by categories in the final event of Roads to Innovate Mexico 2021 . The winners of each category will have the opportunity to present their project and represent Mexico at the Innovate Entrepreneurship Summit in Guatemala.
Finalists will receive access to:
- Dialogue and mentoring with experts on innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership, investment and business issues.
- Graduates to consolidate your business strategy.
- Join the Innovate entrepreneurial community, with access to permanent spaces for networking, mentoring, lightning talks and pitch decks.
- Opportunity to bring your products or services to more people
Who can participate?
Emerging entrepreneurs with innovative products or services, who want to generate positive changes in their region and whose entrepreneurship is within the categories of:
- Health: Innovation businesses (products, processes and experience) in the health sector.
- Smart Cities: Businesses within the Smart Cities theme (Start-up, Mobility, Accessibility, Resilience and Transparency).
- Energy: Businesses focused on energy, electric mobility, electricity market, new technologies and the like.
- Undertaking in Times of Pandemic: Businesses created or adapted during the pandemic.
- General: Innovative, technological ventures, excluding subsistence businesses (eg food production)
From April 6 to May 14 , anyone who wishes to participate in the call can register through the following link , as well as find out more details and the requirements that must be met, such as the age and time of existence of the businesses.