Women choose wigs as a protective fashion for natural hair growth. Closure or frontal wig for switching a look while also keeping the natural hair tucked away from any style manipulation or heat is now easy. But, how do you choose between both? This article features the difference between a frontal vs closure wig or closure wig vs frontal wig.
What’s a Closure Wig?
Let’s start with the definition of a closure wig. Closure wigs generally include a 4 by 4 lace wig, 5 by 5 closer wigs, and 6 by 6 derp parting wigs in different textures, lengths, and colors.
Features of a Closure Wig
- Cap construction: The lace area of a 4×4 lace front wig is hand made and it is available in 4 by 4, 5 by 5 and 6 by 6 inches. It is smaller than the frontal portion of a 13 by 6 lace front wig. However, it is convenient and easier for a beginner to install and simple to take care of. You can consider a 4 by 4 lace wig to Be a beginner friendly wig.
- Parting space: A lace closure wig does not limit the partition to the middle either, but with a lace closure wig, you have to be careful when it comes to the style for exposing your hair edges.
- Hairline: The lace portion of a lace closure wig is 4 inches by 4 inches or 5 inches by 5 inches. The lace region covers your forehead, thereby making it possible to have a beautiful and natural hairline.
These were the features of a 4 by 4 lace wig. Now, let us discuss what a frontal wig is.
What Is a Frontal Wig?
Human hair lace front wigs are wigs with a portion of lace placed in a hairline position of your head. The dimension of the lace is 13 by 6 inches 13 by 4 inches or any other smaller dimensions. The human hair at this portion is sewn in through the opening of the lace by hand. The additional part of the wig is firm and thinner. A 4×4 lace front wig is something that is easy for wearing.
Features Of A Frontal Wig
- Comfortable: Lace front wigs are pretty simple to wear and comfortable. They will help your scalp to breathe and their light weight as well. This is what makes them nicer to wear apart from other wig constructions, particularly during summer months.
- Versatile: Lace front wigs are pretty versatile. Due to the lace material, it makes it look like the hair is actually coming out from your scalp. You can part it in numerous places and wear it in multiple styles. There is not any simulation of the headline at the name which you can also wear in a very realistic half ponytail, side ponytail or low ponytail.
- Realistic: Lace front wigs are realistic. The strands of the hair attached to the wig cap are made of durable lace. This will be dyed to match your skin colour which indicates that it is approximately impossible to find out whether or not the hair is coming from your scalp and growing along your natural hairline.
Now that you have known what a front wig and a closure wig are, understand the differences between closure and lace front wig. Let us delve deeper into the differences between closure wig vs frontal wig.
Size And Shape
The obvious difference between a closure vs frontal wig is the size and shape. The lace of the closure wig is generally 4 by 4 inches. They cover the horseshoe size portion at the top of the front of an installation. On the other hand, frontal wigs generally come in hairline measurements of 13 by 4 inches.
Frontal wigs are pretty expensive when you compare them to closure wigs as they have larger lace areas. If you choose frontal wigs, you have to pay more money to get them when you compare them to closure wigs.
Another difference between frontal vs closure wig is its versatility. Lace closure wigs provide you with a limited style as you can only experiment with a part of the hair. But, when it comes to frontal wigs, you can get a wide variety of styles, thereby providing you with a beautiful and seamless hairline.
Frontal Vs Closure Wig: Which is Better? How To Choose?
The truth about both the wigs is that both options are great, but they provide you with an illusion that your hair is growing from the scalp. When it comes to choosing them, you can choose them according to your needs. Both types of wigs are convenient and easy to use.
Both the wigs can provide you with a natural look along with the effect of your hair growing out from your scalp. Closure wigs point towards the natural look whether the frontal wig gives you a bold look.
After explaining both the above topics, you may ask how to choose closure Vs frontal wig?
If you look forward to trying new hairstyles and adding new shades to your strands, the frontal wig is for you. It is very popular but it is on the expensive side. The reason behind this is that you can customize your hair the way you want to achieve a flawlessly natural look. Frontal wigs provide you with more opportunities to style and explore your hair if you are a person who loves trying new hairstyles.
If you have a budget and worry about the price but still look forward to having high-quality hair, then you can purchase the closure wigs. With this kind, you need to place it on 1 to 2 CM about your headline to provide you with a natural look. If you are a beginner, you can choose a closure wig because it needs less maintenance, and the installation process is easier. No matter what kind of wig you want, License to Blog will provide you with high-quality guides and information about styling your hair.