Carpets remain to be one of the most favorite flooring products everywhere. Despite the rise of other flooring options like tiles, bamboo, vinyl, and stone, having something warm and soft underneath the feet, plus the lesser maintenance, are some justifications why most people love carpets. Most of the time, we have to vacuum and scrub it thoroughly for a fresher and cleaner carpet. However, the power of the vacuum is not enough, and we still need carpet cleaning denver co for better and spotless carpets.
Wash it well.
This tip may sound very obvious, but unfortunately, this is what we always neglect. To achieve a better carpet cleaning without the professional carpet cleaning Denver, wash it every three months and use a domestic carpet shampoo machine. Moreover, you also have to consider a shampoo with a stain protector to work well in the carpet’s fiber.
Do not rub the carpet stains.
Unfortunately, our impression of rubbing the carpet stains can only worsen the dirt because it just stains down to the carpet, which can break down its fibers. Instead, blot the stains with a cleaning solution and a clean cloth, towel, or sponge. Blotting puts pressure on the stain, making it soak up to the cleaning tool. Also, do the blotting from the outer edge toward the center, and not outwardly because it will just spread the stain in the carpet.
Treat the stains as soon as possible.
Most of us tend to clean the stains only on the washing schedule, but it will just make it harder to treat the stains. Removing the stains first can help to avoid the stain stayed longer in the carpet, making it easier to manage it. Clean the chocolate and mud stains once it gets dried while treating the food, tea, and red wine stains when wet.
Consider steam cleaning.
One of the best ways to clean carpets thoroughly is by the use of the steam cleaner. This process uses a cleaning solution injected deep in the carpet by water-jet nozzles. This machine can also extract the cleaning solution within the dirt and debris present in the carpet. The hot water and steam enter the carpet within to loosen the stains, dirt, and other deposits that regular cleaning cannot do.
Some carpet stain removers are present in our homes.
Luckily, we do not have to buy stain removers to tend to some of the stressful carpet stains. Some of these are:
- Club soda to remove beer and wine stains
- Shaving cream, white vinegar, and water for almost every carpet stain
- Ice cubes to remove dried chewing gum
- Warm water and dishwashing soap to remove grease stains
- Iron and white paper to melt away and remove the hardened candle wax
- Water with mild detergent, knife, and hydrogen peroxide to intense carpet stains like the blood.
Prepare the room to be vacuumed.
Pick up any toys, papers or other objects that will obstruct the passage of the vacuum cleaner.
- Check for small items like coins that might damage the mechanism.
- Remember to look under furniture
- Dust the blinds, furniture, windowsills, and baseboards first. The falling dust can then be vacuumed up.
Use a nozzle attachment to clean hard to reach areas.
The edges of the carpets and the baseboards often collect dust which should first be removed.
- If furniture cannot be moved, use the cranny extension to reach under couches and other pieces to remove dust bunnies.
Vacuum both horizontally and vertically.
First vacuum the entire room forward and back, then repeat the process going left to right. Carpet fibers are typically twisted, and by going both directions you can ensure that every part of the fiber has been reached.
- This can especially be helpful if you have pets because it will remove dander and hair.
How “regularly” will depend on a few factors. In general, it’s recommended to vacuum at least once a week per person in your household or roughly 20 pounds of pet. For example, a couple with two cats should vacuum three times a week. A single person with a 60 pound dog should vacuum four times a week. Remember that one of the main reasons to vacuum is to remove hair and dander. A large pet will usually produce more of both compared to a smaller one.
- If your carpet is visibly soiled with dirt or pet hair but isn’t due for cleaning, forget this rule of thumb and vacuum more often.