Missing teeth can deprive you of happiness and self-esteem in public gatherings, social or professional meetings; it can cause you to hide in the crowd for fear of being picked on anytime. Other health issues can be as a result of missing teeth which could impact your general health status. If you are experiencing missing teeth, you should do well to get treated on time to promote your dental health and keep the quality of your life at its peak.
So, what options do patients have to restore their missing teeth aside from the use of dentures? You may ask. All-on-4 dental implants in London is the solution for you.
Dentures are an excellent teeth replacement solution with a record of helping patients replace several missing teeth successfully. However, people don’t always get the expected satisfaction that comes with treatment. Thankfully, the numerous dental researches carried out over time give rise to a more precise solution for replacing multiple missing teeth. This treatment, known as the all-on-4 dental implants, is well pronounced in terms of better results and benefits over other dental solutions.
What are all-on-4 dental implants?
A blend of different dental techniques focused on providing a steady positioning for replacement teeth, far exceeding what is obtainable with traditional styles in terms of reliability and stability.
The all-on-4 dental solution uses a set of rigid dental implants firmly rooted in the jaw bone of patients to accommodate the replacement teeth and hold them in position. This has earned this unique treatment, the name of ‘implant supported dentures’, although this is not a personalized title as it also describes other teeth replacement methods.
While the regular dental implant works to replace a single tooth, all-on-4 implants use implants a little different from the former. How? Both implants have the same part that goes into the jaw bone, but the visible top part isn’t the same. In the case of a regular implant, it is an artificial tooth, whereas the all-on-4 carries a custom cap-shape tip. Through the help of the matching receptacles below the artificial teeth, it is able to rest securely on the four angles of the all-on-4 implants — this connection is stern and gives the wearer a boost of confidence when speaking or eating as if it were their natural teeth.
The dentist will first examine a patient’s mouth to determine the best places to position the implant so they can carry the teeth. Typically, the popular set-up is placing two of the Implants almost vertically, close to the front of the mouth. The remaining two are positioned in the molar region towards the back of the mouth, at an angle steep enough to provide more resting ground. The increased contact with the jaw bone makes this attainable. When the implants are positioned firmly, the implant-supported denture can now be activated. Based on this, the time of recovery is minimal, and patients can resume their regular activities.
The perks of the All-on-4 dental implants
This sophisticated approach to teeth replacement is laced with not just one but so many advantages. From improving your dental health to giving a better quality of life, the following are not exempted from the amazing benefits of using All-on-4:
- A hike in self-confidence. No more worries as you can now have that wonderful time with family and friends dining and wining with your new set of teeth firmly held in place. The realization that your teeth will not fall off at any time will give you the confidence to relax and enjoy your conversation. You can bid embarrassing moments goodbye.
- No bone loss and degradation. When teeth get missing in the mouth, the jaw bone connected to the teeth before now begins to deteriorate and lose strength. It is a very common effect. However, all-on-4 dental implants are attached to the jaw bone directly, making them function like the natural teeth root; hence bone loss is prevented. Interestingly, the force released to the jaw bone is like that of the natural teeth. Consequently, this retains bone mass and makes the area healthy.
- People who may have had some level of bone loss can also get all-on-4 implants. The firm connection the implants form with the current jaw bone reduces the potential need for bone grafting to go on with the treatment. Since bone grafting is out of the way, treatment takes less time as well as recovery.
- It improves hygiene and requires simple care. There are no changes in rules for taking care of your implants; it’s the same old style of cleaning your teeth — brush, floss, rinse with oral rinses, and visit your dentist regularly. While other traditional methods of teeth replacement require expensive adhesives which might mess up your teeth appearance. The all-on-4 doesn’t need any of that procedure — it also means you will have more time for yourself, spend less money, and have zero problems.
- The solution is non-temporary. Once you have your all-on-4 dental implants in place, it remains that way. Unlike the other traditional styles, there is no need for routine adjustments for a proper fit. Problems from gum recession do not happen with this treatment because the dentures are snugly attached to the mouth through the implants. You don’t have to be wary of dentures coming loose and creating a scene.
If you take a longer time to get treated for missing teeth, the chances of developing dental health issues, including bone loss and gum recession, become greater. Treating missing teeth on time will contribute immensely to your general health and wellness. Plus, you won’t be experiencing any of the oral health concerns in the long run.
Do you have missing teeth? And will want to know more about the treatment options available for you? Then you can book a free no-obligation consultation at cosmetic dentistry clinic.
Dentist will also be glad to provide answers to any question you may have about this treatment. Also, bear in mind that other patients have achieved excellent results from this procedure.