Fruit cakes have been around for more than 1000 years. Sounds hard to believe, right? Well, people from the English countryside have been baking these cakes for Christmas for a long, long time. The dish became popular when the king asked to taste this countryside delicacy. Presented in an adorned cake box, these cakes impressed the royal family. And the taste of these cakes left them longing for more.
And this is how the recipe for fruit cake spread all over the world. Today, the basic recipe and taste of these cakes remain the same, and yet it is as popular as it was centuries ago. What makes these cakes wrapped in Christmas cake packaging, so popular? And how are they made? In this post, we will be telling you all about how to make a perfect cake for this Christmas.
With Christmas just around the corner, you might have seen these backs being displayed in cake boxes and put on the shelves of nearly all bakeries. That is because they are a traditional Christmas dish. Along with red velvet cakes, fudge rolls, and other Christmas themed cakes, you will see these cakes displayed in themed and customized bakery boxes as well. The best way to make sure that your cakes make an impact on people is to use attractive and well-designed cake boxes. They will help your product to remain safe and look even yummier.
Let’s take a look at how to bake the perfect fruit cake at home, and make sure that it is the star dish of your Christmas meal. To help make your cake look even more outstanding and Christmas themed, you can use customized cake packaging. However before we do all that, let’s look at how to make the cake.
How To Bake A Cake
To make a good cake, you need some good old cooking and baking skills. But don’t worry. Fruitcakes are not like those complex and high-end gourmet cakes that you see displayed in special cake packaging. They are really fun and simple to make. So let’s get started.
Let’s Take A Look At All The Ingredients You Will Need:
- Fruits: you will need dried pineapple, golden raisins, dried apricots, chopped dates, red cherries that have been candied, crystallized ginger, and berries. Make sure that you chop and dice all of these fruits into nice little cubes that look attractive and do not get lost in the batter.
- Sauce: Rum, brandy, apple juice, cranberry juice, or any other sugar-based liquid that you can use as a sauce.
- For The Batter: unsalted butter, dark brown sugar, a little salt, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, baking powder, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, golden syrup or corn syrup, apple juice or cranberry juice, and chopped and toasted nuts.
- For The Glaze: rum, brandy, vanilla syrup or ginger syrup
A side note for you bakers: make sure that you know what size of a cake you are aiming for. It should be large enough to fit in your bakery boxes perfectly. Otherwise, you will have to display it in cut up pieces instead of a perfect circle.
Now, Let’s Start Baking.
- Combine All Of Your Fruits In A Bowl With The Liquid For The Sauce. Let the mixture sit for a day so that the fruits absorb the sauce and get firm and juicy.
- Make The Batter. Take a bowl and place butter and sugar and beat them well. Add in the salt, spice and baking powder and keep beating it. Now, add in the eggs and beat the mixture till its smooth and creamy. Take another bowl and whisk flour and cocoa in it.
- Add The Mixtures Together. The batter you made, along with the flour and cocoa should be mixed now. Use syrup and combine them gently.
- Add In The Juice And Mix. Now add in the fruits that you have left overnight to get nice and juicy. Add some water and mix everything. Make sure that the mixture is well combined and equally mixed up.
- Put This Batter Into The Pans. Make sure that you leave a quarter of the pan empty, to allow the cake to rise.
- Put These Pans In The Oven: preheat the oven to 300 F, and bake for about 2 hours. Make sure that the cake is baked by using a cake tester.
- Take Out The Cake: brush it with rum, brandy or any flavored syrup, and apply the glaze evenly.
You now have the perfect fruitcake. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it is also fairly inexpensive. These qualities help thee cakes to be widely popular for baking at home or in bakeries.
However, now that you have baked the cake, what are you going to do with it? The first thing that you need to focus on is the way it will be packaged. You can put in functional cake packaging and store it in the fridge. Or if you are baking the cake for selling to your customers, you can wrap it in clear plastic wrap and display it in a refrigerated shelf. You can also use attractive cake packaging instead of the plastic wrap, to make it look even more beautiful and well presented.
To wrap up, we need to see how to make sure that our cakes are well received. It is not just about the taste. Ask any professional chef, and they will tell you that the secret of cooking lied in the presentation. And your presentation will depend on your bakery boxes. To make sure that the cake looks as good as it tastes, you will have to use customized packaging and ensure that it stands out. Why do you need a bakery box to do that?
We need these boxes because they allow us to display and present our cakes in the best way possible. Make sure that your bakery boxes stand out this Christmas, and make your cake look special for this special occasion.