The modern way, later transformed as the world’s way, involves two main prospects; convenience and saving costs. If a service can surpass these two constraints, it will be acknowledged by the people and will become an integral part of people’s lives. Any example, for that matter, from flights to smartphones, all these services successfully replaced its predecessor and enhanced people’s convenience.
A decade back, people found it challenging to wait for cabs or accessing their favorite restaurants. Necessity is the mother of invention, isn’t it? There came the on-demand app evolution, wherein people got what they demanded at their doorsteps. For many years now, people do not have time to do their laundry. In this fast-paced world, they neither have the time to wait for long hours in front of laundry stores. This demand needs addressing, and this where entrepreneurs with brilliant ideas enter the picture. In this blog, let’s take a comprehensive overview of how to develop an Uber for laundry app.
The idea is quite simple. People request laundry services through their on-demand laundry apps. Laundromats will pick up the laundry from people’s doorsteps and return it within the estimated time.
‘Know the business models’
Before venturing into app development, you need to opt for a business model that suits your resources. Some of the common types include,
- On-site model: This type of model works the best if you own an established laundry store in a particular locality. To increase customer satisfaction, you can roll out a smartphone application, where users can choose your services. You then assign delivery workers to pick up the laundry and deliver it back to their doorsteps. This model is straightforward, provided you have a delivery chain offering instant services.
- Aggregator model: This cost-effective model works best for any entrepreneur who wishes to connect multiple laundry stores to people in need. In this model, it is your responsibility to have a delivery chain. By acting as a virtual platform, you generate revenue from several sources.
- In-store model: This is a new model sprouting up across different regions. Here, people will self-deliver their clothes at a particular location. You then pick up these clothes, do the necessary washing, and return it to the same site. While this type of model incurs lesser work for delivery executives, the convenience of people is a matter of concern.
‘Features scale your app’
To establish a successful online platform, you need vital features to attract customers. It is the features and functionalities of the app that builds users’ trust and enhances their reliability. Some of the appealing characteristics include,
- Sync user calendars: Instead of users approaching and accessing services, let your app remind users of their laundry schedule. You can update users on their laundry schedules by syncing their calendars. This is an excellent way of customer retention towards the platform.
- Additional services: You can offer a variety of services supplementing the laundry services. Some of the services include dry wash, button & collar stay replacements, etc. By doing so, you enhance the satisfaction of users.
- Eco-friendly system: Provide users a sense of achievement by letting them know that they are contributing to the wellness of the environment. You can use toxin-free detergents and pack the clothes using biodegradable covers during delivery. This attribute can be the significant ‘selling point’ of your application.
- Special instructions to laundromats: Users value their clothes and demand the best laundry services. They can instruct the laundromats on providing specialized care for stains, or highlight the cloth material, etc. This way, they needn’t worry about the mishandling of their clothes.
- Bill estimation: A highly satisfied user knows that he/she is paying the best price for a particular service. To avoid inconvenience, make sure you intimate users about the total fare before order confirmation. Users can pay well in advance or after they receive their services.
- Enticing offers and discounts: Users recommend your app to fellow friends and relatives if they get regular discounts. Rolling out combo offers and monthly subscription plans add credibility to your Uber for laundry service.
‘Specific factors affect the overall development cost’
The budget for app development solely depends on the specifications of entrepreneurs. This is the main reason why app development companies cannot quote a fixed price for an on-demand app. However, certain crucial factors add a noticeable amount of the app budget. They include,
- The number of platforms you wish to launch your app. It is advisable to develop separate apps for Android & iOS. However, if you venture with a restricted budget, identifying the popularity of a particular platform among your target audience can do the trick.
- The features and functionalities to be incorporated into the platform. The more the features you add, the higher the app budget becomes. While features play a pivotal role in scaling your app, it is better to identify what works the best before integrating everything into the system.
- The testing you do to your application. App testing is critical in determining flaws and aids in providing a bug-free application to your customers. It depends on the business owner to decide the testing procedures of his/her laundry app.
- The team that assists you with the app development. It would be best if you had a well-equipped technical team to help you develop the app according to your needs. To achieve a dedicated team, you need to provide for the developers, project managers, designers, etc.
- The region where you build the app. Different localities across the world demand different prices for app development. For example, in the US, an average developer requires $80-$200 per hour, while in Asian countries, it varies between $10-$80.
If you are still reluctant to know the development cost, it takes anywhere between $10000-$30000 depending on the factors mentioned above.
Now that you have a comprehensive overview of the different business models, the stand-apart features, and the cost to develop an Uber for Laundry app, you can initiate your app development. With the increasing digitization of the world, you needn’t have second thoughts about investing in this sector. Get in touch with a well-reputed app company and establish your business entity among the masses!