Everybody needs a decent pair of headphones that work for them and satisfy their audio needs. What else are you going to do on your commute, listen to your thoughts? Read a book? Chat it up with the bystanders? No thanks, we’d rather catch up on our podcast backlog, please.
The thing about headphones, though, is that they really run the spectrum in terms of quality and price — and then you have to decide if they’re the right fight for you (pro-tip: Just because they’re expensive, doesn’t mean they’re the best). If you need help picking out a pair, scroll to the bottom of this page to take a look at our shopping guide.
But, if you’re in the mood to just buy a pair right now and get this whole thing over with so you can indulge in your Spotify playlists, we’ve whipped up a list of the best deals on headphones that you can find on the web today. The list is updated daily so if you don’t find what you’re looking for right away, keep coming back.
JBL Live 500BT Wireless Over-the-Ear Headphones (White) $79.95
Amazon has the JBL Live 500BT Wireless Over-the-Ear Headphones (White) for a low $79.95 Free Shipping. This normally retails for $99.95, so you’re saving $20 off with this deal.
- Rechargeable battery offers up to 33 hours of use on a charge
- Built-in microphone enables simple hands-free chatting via a compatible device
- Supports HFP, HSP, A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profiles
- Folding design along with an included carrying case enables easy portability
$20 OFF (20%)
+ free shipping
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air X True Wireless Earbuds w/ Charging Case $39.99
Newegg has the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air X True Wireless Earbuds w/ Charging Case for a low $39.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: “MKTCEGA” (Exp Soon). This normally retails for $70, so you’re saving 42% off the list price with this deal.
- Dual microphones that utilize the latest cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology
- 7hrs of listening on a single charge, extended to 28hrs with charging case
- Use the earbuds to answer calls or play, pause, and skip music on-the-go
- Drivers utilize graphene, a material 100x harder than steel & 35% lighter than traditional driver diaphragms
$30.00 OFF (43%)
+ free shipping
Aukey Key Series B60 Bluetooth 5 Sport Wireless Headphones $14.99
Amazon has the Aukey Key Series B60 Bluetooth 5 Sport Wireless Headphones for a low $14.99 Free Shipping after Clip Coupon (Exp Soon). This is originally $40, so you save 62% off list price.
- Button-Free On/Off: Simply separate the magnetic earbuds to power on and join them together to power off. Manage audio & calls via the in-line control panel and built-in mic
- Wireless Sound with Comfort: Enjoy rich and clear sound with our Bluetooth 5 wireless in-ear headphones when you’re on the go. Get personalized comfort from two pairs of ear-tips with ear-hooks
- Crafted for Sports: Sweat and rain will never take your music away during workouts with our IPX6-certified water-resistant headphones
- 8-Hour Playback: Experience crystal-clear sound for up to 8 hours (about 120 songs) on one charge
- 2-year warranty
$25 OFF (63%)
+ free shipping
Ruizu Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headset $11.49
Amazon has the Ruizu Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headset for a low $11.49 after Coupon Code: “VN2WTTQJ” (Exp Soon) Free Shipping on orders over $25, or with Amazon Prime. This normally retails for $22.99, so you are saving 50% off list price.
- Bluetooth V5.0 technology, make the bluetooth headset pairing more quickly
- Made of soft and comfortable silicone materials for comfort
- Supports Siri voice prompt and mute function
- 180 hours standby time, 14 hours talking time, 13 hours music playing time
$11.50 OFF (50%)
+ free shipping
V-Moda Crossfade Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones (Red) $99.99
Amazon has the V-Moda Crossfade Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones for a low $99.99 Free Shipping. This normally retails for $148.86, so you are saving $50 off list price. Reviews praise this headphone’s strong battery life and excellent bass, treble, and sound clarity.
- 50mm dual diaphragm drivers to separate bass from mids & highs
- Bluetooth wireless and wired hybrid functionality
- Micro VAMP/DAC technology; Exoskeleton carry case
- Up to 12 hrs of continuous music; built-in hidden mic
- Memory foam ear pads + padded headband; carabiner clip
- SharePlay cable; reinforced speakeasy microphone cable
$48.87 OFF (33%)
+ free shipping
Bluenin T30 Bluetooth 5.0 Sport Wireless Earbuds $19.49
Amazon has the Bluenin T30 Bluetooth 5.0 Sport Wireless Earbuds for a low $19.49 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: “JONIQHIH” (Exp Soon). This normally sells for $39 so you are saving 51% off retail price.
- Qualcomm QCC3020 Chip & Apt-X Technology
- 2500mAh LED display charging case
- Up to 6 hours play on single charge
- Wireless case supplies 23 additional charges
- One touch control; One-step pairing
- IPX7 waterproof & ergonomic earhooks
$19.50 OFF (50%)
+ free shipping
What are the best headphones?
The good news: There are so many types of headphones to choose from.
The bad news: There are so many types of headphones to choose from.
So, which are the best? In general, our money is on anything that has a noise-canceling feature and is comfortable to wear (which, we guess, is subjective). It’s also a plus if you can switch that noise-cancelation on and off to save some battery life. Then it comes down to if you want wired headphones, which cut down on lag-time between your audio and the device it’s playing on, or Bluetooth, which will inevitably enhance that lag-time depending on how well-made your chosen headphones are. Then you have to pick your fit — in-ear buds, over-the-ear, one of the many new AirPod-adjacent iterations? That’s going to be up to you and what makes your ear canals happy.
What are the best cheap headphones?
Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t get a sweet pair of headphones. Word to the wise, do not fall for the pair that are hanging up on the counter of your local convenience store or gas station. It’s a trap.
In terms of the best cheap headphones, lots of reviewers say that the Shure SE112s are a great option. They have a surprisingly good sound quality and balance for their price tag (thanks to the reputable audio-tech company behind them), and are pretty damn comfortable to boot. If comfort and audio accuracy are your main concerns, check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X, which make for a great DJ companion piece. Gamers would benefit from picking up a pair of the Corsair HS50s, and fashion-conscious audiophiles will probably be into the Urbanears Plattan 2 headphones.
How about the best wireless headphones?
Anything from the Bose QuietComfort line — hands down.
They come in both in-ear and over-ear options, and boast some of the best noise-cancelation on the market. Also, that Bose sound quality is just hard to beat; you really get what you pay for (and they aren’t cheap by any stretch of the imagination). If you’ve got the cash, we wouldn’t recommend anything over them.
Are Apple AirPods noise-canceling headphones?
Yes and no. It depends on which model you get.
The original AirPods, while hosting a bevy of cool features, do not have any sort of noise-canceling functionality. However, the new AirPods Pro do have noise-cancelation that you can toggle on and off — and they’re actually pretty great for their size. Check out our review for our full thoughts.
The only downside is that they cost about $100 more than the originals. So, pick your poison.
How do AirPods compare to other headphones?
So far, so good.
While you’ll probably be sacrificing some sound quality by not going with something like Bose QuietComfort, we think they’re still worth the buy. Besides, what you’re really paying for is the Apple name, the convenience, and the look (you know, the look you see everyone on the street sporting nowadays). And if you spring for the AirPods Pro, you get that sweet noise-cancelation, of course.