*This post contains affiliate links and I’ll earn a small commission if you shop through them. This is how we help to make money so we can continue to bring you amazing content.
Affiliate marketing isn’t new, so it’s a good bet that you’ve heard about it a time or two. But, how do you get started in affiliate marketing? There are many choices to make when it comes to affiliate marketing. If you are this far along in your research, you probably have a blog or are ready to start a blog. Either way, you want to know more about the money side…
I’m glad you found me. My name is Nicki, and I’m happy to share everything I’ve learned.
I have 2 other information-packed articles that will greatly benefit you. So, when you’re done here, check out the following:
They are loaded with great companies to check out and more valuable information.
Ok, now… let’s get down to business.
Affiliate marketing is pretty simple. You sign up with companies that pay you to advertise, refer new customers, or sell their products. Some companies are a virtual cakewalk to sign up for while others… you have to jump through hoops. There are also a few that ask you to jump through hoops then after you successfully complete the hoop jumping, they light the hoop on fire and ask you to jump some more. I avoid those… unless their product is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread.
Now, the two most successful ways to make money with Affiliate Marketing are either blogging on your own website, or using social media. I like to combine the two.
So you started a blog (or are about to). Let’s say that you LOVE technology for the home. You are super passionate about home theater systems and surround sound. You believe that the only way to watch a movie is to FEEL it too. It would make excellent business sense for you to review home theater and surround sound systems on your blog. Now, you could contact each individual brand on your own… it would take some time, and many don’t even have affiliate programs. It DOES make sense to try to become a direct affiliate when possible.
HOW DO I BECOME AN AFFILIATE, EXACTLY?
How do you find out if the company you love has an affiliate program? Lucky for you, it’s as easy as visiting their website. You occasionally will find ‘become an affiliate’ somewhere in the top menu, but most websites tend to tuck that away at the very bottom of their website, usually in the footer. Just click on the affiliate link and follow the directions.
The easiest way to become an affiliate and start making money is through AMAZON. Amazon has practically every brand that a home theater/surround sound reviewer would ever need. It’s super simple to become an Amazon affiliate and you can begin placing your affiliate links immediately. Here’s a fantastic example of an Amazon link:
There is a pretty good reason to become a direct affiliate with the brands you love, when possible, and that’s the Free product review. If you are an excellent reviewer, contacting the company directly can often result in receiving their latest model in exchange for a review. There are some bloggers that have made a full-time career of product reviews. If the company doesn’t offer an affiliate program, you can use your review to send people to that exact product at Amazon.
To maximize your money making potential as an affiliate, you publish new content to your site regularly. There is much discussion on what REGULARLY means… I see many successful blogs that post an average of 3 new pieces of content per week. Some do more, some do less. You will post much more frequently at first so you can QUICKLY populate your site.
The general blogging population tends to agree that you should have at least 10 articles posted before sending traffic to your blog/site. The reason for this is so that a visitor doesn’t leave after a quick glance. The more quality content you have, the longer the visitor is likely to stay. Content does NOT have to be all written articles. It can also be in the form of videos, which are hugely popular.
One you’ve published enough content to your site, you’re ready for visitors! You’ve used SEO to the max and now you’re sharing the content on social media like Pinterest, facebook and twitter. If you’re new to social media, check out my articles on growing your Pinterest account. Pinterest has the highest conversion rates of all social media.
THINGS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
1) You need a blog or website. You can get started HERE for FREE!
2) You need a domain name. Namecheap is awesome, inexpensive and includes whois guard.
3) You need to start making original content for your site.
4) You need to learn the art of SEO. You can start your blog, get free website hosting, and FREE business training to get you ranked quickly HERE.
5) You need to start getting your affiliate marketing set up. For more in depth Affiliate Marketing information please read the articles, Introduction to Affiliate marketing P1 and Introduction to Affiliate marketing P2. They have MANY affiliate company links to use and sign up for, along with a wealth of information for those ready to make money.
6) You need the desire to start, build and run an internet business. Blogging, owning a website, and affiliate marketing all go hand in hand and require a fair amount of time and effort on your part to succeed. Just like starting ANY type of business from scratch, it requires work to be performed. All start-ups run faster and more efficiently with a support system. This is the number 1 reason that I tell people to start HERE. Get everything you need to succeed in one place, and all FREE to get started.
For more information about Blogging, building websites, affiliate marketing and making money online visit Wealthy Affiliate and sign up for a free account today. You know you’re ready to start building your money making empire. Don’t wait another day. Your future is waiting for you HERE.
Questions? contact me! Nicki@licensetoblog.com
Or comment below:)